Please ensure that you copy the credentials to the Intello Netsuite credential page (link).
Step 1: Get NetSuite account ID
- Via a web browser, log into your NetSuite account:
- In the menu, click Setup, Integration, then Webservice Preferences (link).
Head back to Intello and copy your account id to the Account ID field.
Step 2: Enabled Token Based Authentication
Next you need to ensure that you have Token Based authentication enabled in your Netsuite account.
Navigate to Setup > Company > Enable Features > Suite Cloud > Manage Authentication and enable Token-Based Authentication (if it’s not enabled).
Step 3: Create a new Intello Integration Role
Next we need to create an Intello role so that Intello can make requests to your Netsuite instance.
Create a new custom Role to the Token Based Authentication user by navigating to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles > New (link).
- “Intello Integration”
- Check Web Services Only
If you want to sync a subsidiary or multiple subsidiaries
- Select from the Subsidiaries dropdown
- Press and hold CTRL to select more than one subsidiary
Please enable the following Permissions
- Expense Report (only if you don't have an expense integration)
- Find Transaction
- Enter Vendor Credit
- Expenses (only if you don't have an expense integration)
- Departments (that way we can pull in all your teams from Netsuite)
- Web Services
- User Access Token
Step 3: Assign Role to a User
Note: We recommend to set up a new user linked to the role that you create below. That way if an existing user leaves, the Intello integration can continue to function. You can use an existing user to tie the role to, but we find the separation of concerns to be helpful to teams.
Assign the Role that you created earlier to the user you created by navigating to Lists > Employees > Employees (link) > Edit (click on your account) > Access tab > Intello Integration > Save
Step 4: Create a new Integration Record for Intello
Go to Setup > Integration > Manage Integrations > New (link).
- Name the integration “Intello Integration”
- Enable State and Token Based Authentication.
- On the confirmation screen, COPY the following that you will need to authenticate:
- Consumer Key - copy to Intello
- Consumer Secret - copy to Intello
Important Note: For security reasons, the only time the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret values are displayed is on the confirmation page. After you leave this page, these values cannot be retrieved from the system. If you lose or forget these credentials, you will need to reset them to obtain new values. Treat these values as you would a password. Never share these credentials with unauthorized individuals and never send them by email.
Step 5: Create a new Access Token
Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Access Tokens > New (link).
- Select the Integration Record (“Intello”)
- User (your name)
- and Role (“Intello”) created or referenced in the previous steps.
- On the confirmation screen, copy into Intello the:
- Token ID
- Token Secret
Note: For security reasons, the Token ID and Secret are ONLY DISPLAYED ONCE. After you leave this page, these values cannot be retrieved from the system. If you lose or forget these credentials, you will need to reset them to obtain new values. Treat these values as you would a password. Never share these credentials with unauthorized individuals and never send them by email.
Please ensure that you copy the credentials to the Intello Netsuite credential page (link)